If Shawn knew Gary Vaynerchuk in real life, they would be BFFs. Gary Vaynerhuk is an entrepreneur, investor, author, public speaker and his most notable works include the Wine Library TV and the #AskGaryVee show / podcast. In Season #1 of The Dip, Shawn mentioned Gary Vaynerchuk in a number of episodes and if I (Wang) can be completely honest, I see a few similarities between Shawn and Gary:
- They are both passionate about what they do
- They are always exploring new ideas
- They both have very raw styles when presenting
The hot topic these days (on Gary Vee’s show and other podcasts) is entrepreneurship – it’s a lot like that saying about getting into heaven, everybody wants to go to heaven but not everybody is willing to die to get there; everybody wants to be an entrepreneur, but very few people are willing to risk it all to get there. In this episode of The Dip, we learn:
- Why Shawn is such a massive fan of Gary Vee
- Why Wang is not such a massive fan of Gary Vee
- The difference between Gary Vaynerchuk and Tony Robbins
- what entrepreneurship is about (is it about failing and learning?)
- entrepreneurs raising capital vs. entrepreneurs that have customers
- whether we are too focused on the big wins vs. the small wins
- if Wang will listen to more of Gary Vee’s podcasts (spoiler: yes he will)
If you enjoyed this episode (and even if you didn’t), please rate and review us on iTunes and subscribe to The Dip on your favourite podcast application.
Also, do you have a favourite podcast episode that you have enjoyed recently? Tell us about it on Twitter and we may feature it in a future episode with props to you!
Shawn Kanungo (@shawnkanungo) and Wang Yip (@wangyip)